In this guide, I’ll walk you through an easy, tried-and-tested method to cook Totino’s Party Pizza in an air fryer.
I’ve experimented a lot to find the best way to make sure your pizza turns out delightfully crispy every single time.
Whether you’re whipping up a quick dinner or hosting a laid-back gathering, this approach is incredibly simple and effective. Let’s get started with these straightforward steps to create a delicious, crispy pizza.
Note: This guide applies to all kinds of Totino’s party pizza as well as pepperoni pizza rolls
Table of Contents
Before We Start: What You’ll Need
- Air Fryer: Any standard air fryer will do, but make sure it’s big enough to fit the pizza.
- Spatula or Tongs: For safely placing and removing the pizza from the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Parchment Liners: These are optional but helpful for easy cleanup and preventing the pizza from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Extra Toppings: Feel free to add more cheese, pepperoni, vegetables, or any of your favorite pizza toppings for an extra flavor boost.
- Sides: Consider simple sides like a fresh salad, garlic bread, or some light snacks to complement your pizza.
Totino’s Pizza Air Fryer Instructions
Step 1: Preheating
Depending on your air fryer model, preheating may be recommended. If so, preheat your air fryer to around 380°F (190°C) for about 3-5 minutes. This helps in cooking the pizza evenly.
Step 2: Pizza Preparation
Unwrapping the Pizza: Remove the Totino’s Party Pizza from its packaging. If it’s frozen, you don’t need to thaw it; air fryers handle frozen foods well.
Adding Toppings (Optional): You can add more toppings to the pizza before cooking. I like putting on more cheese, some mushrooms, and a few pepperoni slices for extra taste. Just remember not to put too many toppings, as this can stop it from cooking evenly in the air fryer. Keep it simple for the best results.
Step 3: Place the Pizza in the Air Fryer
Once your air fryer is preheated, gently place the Totino’s Party Pizza inside the basket.
If using a parchment liner, place it first and then put the pizza on top.
Ensure the pizza is positioned in the center for even cooking.
Step 4: Set the Temperature:
Cook the pizza at 380°F (190°C). This temperature is ideal for achieving a crispy crust without burning the toppings.
Step 5: Cooking Time
Air fry the pizza for about 6 to 8 minutes. However, cooking times may vary slightly depending on your air fryer model and the pizza’s starting temperature (frozen or thawed).
Personal Pro Tips
- Check Halfway: Halfway through the cooking time, open the air fryer and check the pizza. This is crucial to ensure it’s cooking evenly and not burning.
- Rotate if Necessary: If your air fryer doesn’t cook evenly, you might need to rotate the pizza at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
- Watch for Golden Brown: The pizza is done when the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the crust is golden brown. Be careful not to overcook.
- For an extra crispy crust, air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- If you like your cheese extra melty, cook for an additional minute or two, but keep the temperature a bit lower.
- Leftovers? Store cooled pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for a few minutes until crispy.
Safe Removal Tips:
- Use Tongs or a Spatula: To avoid burns, use tongs or a spatula to carefully remove the pizza from the air fryer. The pizza and the air fryer basket will be hot.
- Transfer to a Cutting Board: Place the pizza on a cutting board or a heat-safe plate for slicing.
- Let it Cool: Allow the pizza to cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting. This brief resting period helps the cheese set and makes slicing easier.
Enhance the pizza experience with a selection of dips. Personally, I love the way garlic dips add a rich, savory note to each bite of the crispy crust.
Complement your pizza with refreshing drinks.
Iced tea and lemonade are great for all ages and have a way of cutting through the richness of the pizza.
For adult gatherings, I recommend a light beer or a glass of wine. My favorite choice is chilled lager.
To round off the meal, simple sides work best.
A fresh garden salad, with its crisp greens and light dressing, offers a refreshing contrast to the pizza.
Also, don’t underestimate the appeal of veggie sticks. They add a healthy, crunchy element to your meal, and they’re especially good if you’ve got kids at the table.
FAQ and Troubleshooting Guides
Why is my pizza not cooking evenly in the air fryer?
Uneven cooking can be due to the placement of the pizza in the air fryer or overloading it with toppings. Ensure the pizza is centered in the basket and not overcrowded with additional toppings. Also, consider rotating the pizza halfway through cooking if your air fryer doesn’t cook evenly.
Can I cook the pizza from frozen, or do I need to thaw it first?
Totino’s Party Pizza can be cooked straight from frozen in the air fryer. There’s no need to thaw it, which makes it a convenient option.
Is it necessary to preheat the air fryer?
While not always necessary, preheating the air fryer for a few minutes can help cook the pizza more evenly and quickly. Check your air fryer’s manual for specific recommendations.
The cheese on my pizza is burning, but the crust isn’t crispy. What should I do?
If the cheese is burning before the crust becomes crispy, try reducing the cooking temperature slightly and increasing the cooking time. This allows the crust to crisp up without burning the cheese.
How do I clean my air fryer after cooking pizza?
Let the air fryer cool down, then clean the basket and interior with a damp cloth or sponge and some mild dish soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or pads.